With your help and hard work we have made it through one of the hardest challenges our city has had to face with the $40+ million dollar deficit. We would like to thank everyone who joined us at one of the many meetings we have held, contributed to ideas, helped at events, and those who spread the word to their co-workers, friends, and family. We have accomplished a many things and still have much to do. Below is what we have accomplished and what is to come.
Tasks We Have Accomplished
- We have conducted a Self Assessment of Toledo
- Updated Toledo’s Strategic Plan from version 1.0 to version 2.0
- We have completed the transition process and team reports
- Successfully engaged the city in the Budget Crisis Working Meetings, all of which included City Leadership, Districts, CSI, & Council
- Balanced the Budget!
Looking Ahead at Our Next Steps
- Form the Future of Toledo Team from Transition Team
- Integrate Transition Team Reports into Future of Toledo Strategic Plan version 3.0
- Work with the Future of Toledo Leadership Team to Develop Next Steps for Engaging Toledo & Region in the Strategic Plan & Priorities
See the Latest in the News below and be sure to check out www.thefutureoftoledo.org
Toledo council passes 2010 budget – Fox Toledo
Toledo’s Fiscal Reckoning – Wall Street Journal
City of Toledo, union talk, seek way around unilateral cuts – Toledo Blade
Union talks ‘positive, ongoing’ – Fox Toledo
Be sure to continue to tell your co-workers, friends, and family about The Future of Toledo. Also if you are not already a fan of ours on Facebook go do it now at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toledo-OH/Future-of-Toledo/
Engage with other citizens of Toledo in conversation, see what events are coming up, see photos from past events, and voice your thoughts on The Future of Toledo.
Also follow us on Twitter to get daily what is hot in the news and other important updates. To follow us visit: http://twitter.com/futureoftoledo